Sunday, October 3, 2010

Peter's Birthday Surprise

Last Wednesday, (9/29) was Peter's Birthday.  He got up earlier than normal....he tries to leave the house each morning by 6:30 but on Wednesday he got up at 5:00.  I got up and stumbled to my bathroom to take the first pregnancy test of the month.  I thought it was a long shot because I wasn't actually supposed to start testing for a couple more days.  Fast forward just 3 minutes....I ran to Peter's bathroom and yelled, "Baby!  I have the best Birthday present EVER!!  A positive test!!!"  He threw open the shower curtain and, with his face half covered in shaving cream, grabbed the test from me.  Next he took the directions from me just to double-check that I was reading it right. :)  I was - We are pregnant!!  He was soooo happy!  He told me it was by far the best birthday present he's ever received.

The rest of the week was a bit of a whirlwind.  We were super excited and also a little sick - Peter had a stomach bug and I got the first rounds of morning sickness along with some crazy caffeine withdrawals.  

We told our families and we told our close friends.  Peter got to tell everyone that was already calling him because of his Birthday!  It was really fun! 

I have gotten more and more nauseous each day.  Although this is not necessarily fun, I have been assured by my doctor (and many books) that this is actually a really good sign.  It means that my pregnancy is progressing normally and the baby is doing well.  Today I am exactly 6 weeks along.  Tomorrow when I stop by the doctor's office for a quick blood test I will schedule our very first sonogram!!  September WAS my month!

3 comments: