So I see I haven't posted anything since January 9th - a TON has happened since then!! First, we had our January doctor appointment with ultrasound. It was especially fun because my mom came along too!! The best news is that everything looked completely normal. Of course, we were thrilled about that but we were also very excited to find out the sex. The baby did not want to give it away so easily and as the ultrasound technician put it, "This is one stubborn baby." The baby was sitting cross-legged on the floor of my uterus not anyone a good look at the parts of interest. Finally, after about 20 minutes of poking and prodding the baby turned in a way that made things relatively clear (at least to the technician) - 85% chance that It's A GIRL!! Her name is Kennedy Marie Whitney!
![]() |
| A Sweet Little Baby Girl!!! |
Next we went in to see Dr. Webb. The baby's heart sounded strong and perfect. He also assured us that an 85% reading meant that we should start painting the room pink. Lastly, he asked me if I would be opposed to having a cesarean. Honestly, I had never considered it before...however, I do like to plan things so the idea seemed appealing. He went on to explain that most often short women (under 5'2" - I am 4'11") have a very hard time delivering. Oftentimes they push and push for hours and then end up having a C-Section when the baby becomes distressed. He looked to my mom, who is also a shorty, and she agreed that she had not been able to have a normal delivery. Obviously, there is a lot to consider but I think this might be a good option for me.
Lots more has happened since this appointment - I will do my best to catch you up on everything in my next several posts.

Yay, Girls rock! It also must be a female modesty thing, because Iris did the same stubborn, leg crossing for my ultrasound.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the little pink bundle!!