New Horizons Women's Care. This practice was recommended by my current primary care physician. She has sent many women to this office and she believes that all of her patients have had a positive experience. Setting up the appointment was challenging....this practice does not typically allow preconception consultations unless you are struggling to conceive. After a bit of discussion we agreed that I would meet with a Nurse Practitioner who would give me a tour of the office and answer all of my basic questions.
I really loved the waiting room - it was very calm, almost spa-like. I filled out another round of paperwork and was called in almost immediately after turning them in....so far, so good....Peter and I were led to a regular exam room. I felt like it was fine but Peter was very concerned with the 'husband' seating - a skinny piece of wood jetting out from the wall. We waited....and waited....Peter complained about his bench.
The Nurse Practitioner came in about 10 minutes later. Peter told me after the appointment that he saw her pick up my chart from the outside of the door and walk right into the room without looking at it. She was friendly but seemed rushed. She answered all of our questions but seemed ansy. At one point I referenced something on my chart and asked her, "Did you read my chart?"....she replied "Yes". I didn't know until later that she hadn't even given my chart an initial glance.
We also found out through the course of the appointment that the set-up was the same as the first practice that we had visited. This practice had 10 doctors that would rotate through each of my appointments....one of these 10 would ultimately deliver the future baby. New Horizons also delivers at Chandler Hospital which has a lower level NICU rating than the hospitals that the other doctors use (Banner for Southwest Women's Care and Scottsdale/Shea Hospital for Dr. Webb).
Although I liked the office, we were not impressed with the Nurse Practitioner. Also, since there are hospitals in the Valley with higher ratings for the NICU, I think I would prefer to choose a practice that uses one of those.
Although I liked the office, we were not impressed with the Nurse Practitioner. Also, since there are hospitals in the Valley with higher ratings for the NICU, I think I would prefer to choose a practice that uses one of those.
No comments:
Post a Comment