Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Sweet Little Sonogram

Before Thanksgiving, Peter and I went to see my doctor for a sonogram and a check-up.  We had had one sonogram before but aside from the flicker of a heartbeat we couldn't really see much....this was much different!!!  My stomach muscles must have twitched because of the ultrasound gel, immediately the baby started moving around like crazy.  Waving it's tiny hands and feet around and arching it's back.  It was absolutely amazing!!  The technician let us look at the baby for quite awhile and pointed out things like a hand, a foot, the umbilical cord, etc.  Then she measured the baby's heart rate - 170 beats per minute.
The Baby's head is all the way to the right.

While we waited for the doctor, we both stared at the picture.  It was the first time that I could see an actual baby - our baby.

Later on Thanksgiving day, Peter hid a copy of our sonogram picture inside each of our family members' napkins.  When we sat down to eat we were hoping that each person would find the picture in their napkin but instead the pictures pretty much just fell out onto the floor :(  My mom went around and handed each person their picture.  Even though it didn't work out as planned, everyone was still really excited and jumped up to hug me.  My Aunt Cyndy and cousin Sara even surprised me with a gift bag full of baby books, toys and maternity items that they've been collecting.  They have carried the gift bag around to every family gathering for almost two years (just waiting for the announcement)!  So fun!

Now I have one copy of the sonogram in a frame and I carry one in my wallet.  I still look at the picture all the time!

2 comments:

  1. Jessica, thanks so much for inviting me to your blog. What a great sonogram picture! I can already see that Baby Whitney is super cute! Love, Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! How exciting to "see" your new family member for the first time.

    ReplyDelete