At the beginning of December, Big Brothers Big Sisters held our annual staff holiday party. We went to Buca di Beppo in Scottsdale, which was delicious. We had an ugly sweater competition and I won third place with a horrible red and white poncho.
The real fun came when we started the gift exchange! This was the typical exchange - each person brought a gift and then we each drew a number. In took turns in numerical order, each person could either open a new present or steal one of the presents that someone else had opened. The caveat was that each present could only be moved three times. My turn came and went and I stole a present that I loved. It was a snowman serving platter that had a carrot for a nose that could be pulled out and used as a spreader....amazing! Well, that got taken from me so I picked my second favorite present - a piggy bank dressed as an elf. The very last person was up (it happened to be a close friend of mine who was sitting next to me), I knew which items she was interested in so I thought I was safe....She took my pig!!! Instead of acting like a normal person I literally burst into tears in front of all of my coworkers. Luckily, everyone was really nice about it. I felt embarrassed anyway though, especially because my friend ended up giving me back the pig. Needless to say, people are still teasing me about it :)
![]() |
| Crying over a pig....so embarrassing. |

No comments:
Post a Comment